Messages automatically removed ?
12-16-2023, 11:14 PM
Messages automatically removed ?
Hi,

Several weeks ago I posted a message to the Classifieds forum and I've noticed that it has softly and suddenly vanished away. I did not delete it so I'd like to know if someone else did or, more likely, there's some automated mechanism that deletes messages after a time ?

The forum's description says nothing about such a temporal limit. If it does exist, it surely would be proper to say so in the description. Else, perhaps it might be corrected so that messages aren't removed unintendedly.

Right now there are only six messages in all, the most ancient being from 5th December, just 12 days ago.

Thanks,
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2023, 02:23 AM
RE: Messages automatically removed ?
(12-16-2023 11:14 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi,

Several weeks ago I posted a message to the Classifieds forum and I've noticed that it has softly and suddenly vanished away. I did not delete it so I'd like to know if someone else did or, more likely, there's some automated mechanism that deletes messages after a time ?

The forum's description says nothing about such a temporal limit. If it does exist, it surely would be proper to say so in the description. Else, perhaps it might be corrected so that messages aren't removed unintendedly.

Right now there are only six messages in all, the most ancient being from 5th December, just 12 days ago.

Thanks,
V.

Valentin,

Messages are not automatically removed and none have been manually removed AFAIK.

Your message in Classifieds, posted on 23 Nov, about a NIB 15c CE is still present, here:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20891.html

Are you referring to something else?

Also you note "Right now there are only six messages in all, the most ancient being from [i]5th December, just 12 days ago.[/i]" but where is this referring to, the Classifieds section? If so, you must have something set incorrectly, as there are 35 pages of messages in the sub-forum

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
12-17-2023, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2023 02:59 AM by Dave Hicks.)
At the bottom right of each forum, you can change sorting and how far back you want to view. The classifieds was defaulting to 20 days of viewing. I’m not sure when that was set to 20 days – perhaps it’s always been that way, but I’ve set it to default to view them all.

Thanks!
12-17-2023, 03:21 AM
(12-17-2023 02:58 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  At the bottom right of each forum, you can change sorting and how far back you want to view. The classifieds was defaulting to 20 days of viewing. I’m not sure when that was set to 20 days – perhaps it’s always been that way, but I’ve set it to default to view them all.

Thanks!

You're welcome !

Thanks to you and Bob Prosperi for your prompt and effective reply, I can now see 35 pages with 30 messages each but the very last one.

Best Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)