calendar bug
10-10-2023, 06:31 AM
calendar bug
I came across this video on Youtube.

There the creator demonstrates a bug that he encounters on his HP Prime G1 when he tries to change the set date. When he manually changes the date and then taps on it the HP prime actually reboots. I think this hasn't been discussed on the forum yet.

Personally I was not able to replicate the problem, but maybe I just misunderstand the replication instructions; or it's really a G1-only problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2023, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2023 07:55 AM by komame.)
RE: calendar bug
(10-10-2023 06:31 AM)Lukas Wrote:  I came across this video on Youtube.

There the creator demonstrates a bug that he encounters on his HP Prime G1 when he tries to change the set date. When he manually changes the date and then taps on it the HP prime actually reboots. I think this hasn't been discussed on the forum yet.

I managed to reproduce this bug on G1 rev. A.
After entering an 4-digit date (e.g., 7777) on the G1, the date field displays "----/--/--", and then trying to display the calendar (i.e., tapping the date field again) causes a crash.
For the G2, there is a different issue. Entering an incorrect date doesn't result in "----/--/--" but displays an undefined date, and surprisingly, the time also changes to some random value.
For the virtual calculator, simply entering a 4-digit date (e.g., 2023) immediately causes a crash.

The issue is that the HP Prime allows for entering a date in the format "YYYY" or "YYYY.MM" in the Home settings, and each of these cases leads to the aforementioned error. The entered value should be accepted exclusively in its full form.

I'll add this issue to the bug tracker.

Piotr
10-10-2023, 09:47 AM
RE: calendar bug
Ah, yes, then the bug just takes a slightly different shape on the G2. I too get weird values on it when I only enter four digits when I enter the date. Like you said the G2 doesn't crash though.

Thank you for adding it to the bug tracker.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)