Cuvee blocked in Safari for iOS
09-20-2023, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2023 08:44 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Cuvee blocked in Safari for iOS
Hi all.

Up until now I’ve been able to open Cuvee’s website in Safari. Now that I’ve updated my iPhone to iOS 17, when I try to open cuveesoft.ch, I get a security message page instead of Cuveesoft.

When I open the page in Microsoft Edge or Chrome, I get right in.

Has anyone else experienced this? If you get in running Safari on your iPhone, how’d you get it to work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2023, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2023 10:22 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Cuvee blocked in Safari for iOS
Hello!

This must have been caused by the update to iOS17. On both my iOS16 devices (iPhone and iPad) the website loads smootly using Safari. Also on my wife's rather recent MacBook Pro with the latest version of Safari for MacOS.
Have you looked into the settings of Safari yet? There are plenty of selections related to website security, maybe one of them prevents the page to be displayed? Maybe you can show the error message here, it might give a clue to what is actually causing the error.

Regards
Max

NB: I will not update my devices to iOS17. My iPhone is not compatible anyway and if I update only the iPad they will probably have problems sharing data amongst them. I have made that mistake once already - never again: "Never change a running system!"
09-20-2023, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2023 11:06 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Here you go.

Pict
09-20-2023, 02:13 PM
I have an iPhone 13 mini with iOS 17.0 installed.
Both HTTP and HTTPS works, the latter is slower thought.

Sylvain Côté
09-21-2023, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2023 11:03 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

(09-20-2023 11:04 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Here you go.

Pict

I had a look at this error message (which is generated by the server, not the browser) and did a little googling about it. It seems to have been around for quite some time, so it is not iOS17 related. According to internet wisdom, common causes are denial of all cookies by the browser, the Safari setting: "share across devices" turned off or "prevent cross site tracking" turned on.

I could not replicate this error with any of these settings under iOS16 and on the desktop version of Safari, so it might be a good idea to contact the site owner about it (either through his website or via personal message in this forum to which he is a regular contributor). He will certainly be interested to know that potential customers are locked out by his website!

Regards
Max
12-06-2023, 06:35 PM
Well, after playing the waiting game (not the song by Swing Out Sister), I am getting through. Could be the iOS 17.1.2?? Could be whatever version or Safari fix that came over with 17.1.2??

Anyway, Cuvee is behaving.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)