How to run a specific python program or file ?
09-13-2023, 06:52 AM
How to run a specific python program or file ?
Hello,

I'm stuck in this :
If I enter shift + 1 to enter Program, I see "Python (App)", but touching it displays "Error loading file". And in the connexion kit pc app, I can't add python programs to "Programs", but just normal programs... There no Python (App) sub item. And in Programs, it doesn't recongnize .py python files to be python programs.

If I do Apps -> Python, I can enter various .py files. The same in the connexion kit. I can edit opr add files with Symb. But when I do Num, it runs all python files ! Not just one I choose ! ...

I want to be able to enter several python files and run the one I select, only one of my choice.

Please do you know how to do it ?

Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2023, 01:27 PM
RE: How to run a specific python program or file ?
I have found 2 ways

for each python program you can save the python app with a new name and reset it and have a python app for each program, or

in programs you can create a ppl program and use example

#PYTHON QUAD
import math
print ("QUAD EQ AX^2+BX+C=0")
A=float(input("A? "))
print(A)
B=float(input("B? "))
print(B)
C=float(input("C? "))
print(C)
D=pow(B,2)-4*A*C
EE=(-B+math.sqrt(D))/(2*A)
FF=(-B-math.sqrt(D))/(2*A)
print("ROOT 1="+str(EE))
print("ROOT 2="+str(FF))
#END

EXPORT QUADpy()
BEGIN
PRINT();
PYTHON(QUAD);
END;
09-13-2023, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2024 06:34 PM by komame.)
The best approach is to embed the Python script within a PPL program by labeling it as #PYTHON script_name. Then, you can refer to it from within PPL. The Python code area is not syntax-checked when using 'CHECK'; errors only appear after running the program.
Within a given Python script, you can create subroutines using 'def' and refer to them from the Python script itself. However, you cannot refer to your PPL-written subroutines from Python. You can execute PPL language commands using the 'hpprime' library.

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-17076.html
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20468.html

Best regards,
Piotr
09-13-2023, 06:55 PM
Thanks a lot Doug et Piotr,

I'm ok with this. For me it's fine.
I could use it and make some programs in python.
I found some ohter methods too.
But I wanted to be able to write python only programs and have a simple list of them, without using PPL.

The problem is : the school asked my daughter to have a calculator with python. They said better with Numwrks or TI-84 python.
I said my daughter that she could keep its hp prime and make python.

But in comparation with Numworks and TI-84, I think it's too complex to make school programs on the hp prime.
Maybe I'm wrong. But I saw it in the two other calculators and it seems it's easier on them.

Maybe I'm wrong ?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Vincent Maréchal
09-14-2023, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2023 05:12 PM by Dougggg.)
It is true, when the hp team was taken off the prime I don't think python was complete so I think there are lot of bugs and missing stuff, not sure what the future holds
09-14-2023, 08:54 PM
Thanks Doug. Yes, HP should do better, just for business... Regards.
09-15-2023, 12:06 AM
(09-13-2023 06:55 PM)vincentvije Wrote:  Thanks a lot Doug et Piotr,

But I wanted to be able to write python only programs and have a simple list of them, without using PPL.

The problem is : the school asked my daughter to have a calculator with python. They said better with Numwrks or TI-84 python.

But in comparation with Numworks and TI-84, I think it's too complex to make school programs on the hp prime.
Maybe I'm wrong. But I saw it in the two other calculators and it seems it's easier on them.

Maybe I'm wrong ?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Vincent Maréchal

The TI is far superior for pure Python. I have both and when I want to work with Python, I turn to the TI. It's easier to use and there are no glaring bugs.

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-16-2023, 12:35 PM
(09-15-2023 12:06 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(09-13-2023 06:55 PM)vincentvije Wrote:  Thanks a lot Doug et Piotr,

Maybe I'm wrong ?

Thanks again,
Regards,
Vincent Maréchal

The TI is far superior for pure Python. I have both and when I want to work with Python, I turn to the TI. It's easier to use and there are no glaring bugs.

Thanks Tom, it's all clear now. Sad HP doesn't make the step correctly. I like TI too, I worked on DSP for them some years ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)