HP Voyager series calculator battery query
07-23-2023, 10:46 PM
HP Voyager series calculator battery query
Hi

Are the CR2032 cell or LR44 cell batteries used in the HP Voyager series corrosive?

Or are there different types of these batteries that are and are not corrosive?

I am just concerned if batteries should be left for long periods of time inside my HP-12's

Thanks for the help Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2023, 10:58 PM
RE: HP Voyager series calculator battery query
I would recommend “357” Silver oxide batteries over the LR44 Alkaline batteries. They last longer and I have never seen a 357 battery leak. I don’t recall seeing a CR2032 or any Lithium coin battery leak. As always, stick to good name brand batteries.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-23-2023, 11:27 PM
(07-23-2023 10:46 PM)HP-12C Wrote:  Are the CR2032 cell or LR44 cell batteries used in the HP Voyager series corrosive?

Very old Voyagers use three button cells.
Silver oxide are best: 357 or SR44
Alkaline will work: A76 or LR44

Old Voyagers use one coin cell, CR2032.

Newer Voyagers use two coin cells, CR2032.
07-24-2023, 12:22 AM
Thank you both for the responses, it is very helpful as I am about to change out the batteries in several units.
07-24-2023, 02:45 AM
I agree with all of the above advice, but emphasize using good/best quality batteries such as Energizers; I've also heard Varta are good. But note that I've personally seen every type of battery mentioned leak over (sometimes much) time, with the unique exception of Silver-Oxide 303/357 Energizer batteries.

2032 battery leaks are fairly rare, but it does happen in long-ignored devices. LR44 are similar, but they can and do leak, though typically leaking much less 'gunk' than common cheap alkaline cells.

Spend a bit more for good quality cells, your devices will appreciate it and are worth it.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)