New (free) 50th Anniversary Simulator - HP-35, HP-45, HP-80
07-20-2023, 05:49 PM
New (free) 50th Anniversary Simulator - HP-35, HP-45, HP-80
Hi,

Since it's the 50th anniversary of the HP-45 this year, I just released a new simulator — HP-1973 — which runs (included) HP-35, HP-45 and HP-80 code. I recognize this isn't the forum for a long post about that — I've posted on to the 'Not quite HP Calculators - but related' forum with all the details — but thought it worth a mention.

Main post: Not quite...' forum post.

Sarah
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2023, 07:18 PM
RE: New (free) 50th Anniversary Simulator - HP-35, HP-45, HP-80
Hi Sarah,

I've been exploring your HP-1973 simulator and I'm blown away! I love how you've presented all the information on a single screen. I've been playing with the different Update modes; single stepping and live execution are really fun. The ROM Map is cool touch - pressing a trig key in Live mode and watching it jump between the three ROMs is just terrific.

I was going to say that I wish I had had your simulator when I was developing my HP-35 replica from the '569 patent but, as I'm sure you know, it's more fun to work it out yourself. I can see that you, like me, have been smitten by the brilliance of the HP designers and your simulator is a worthy tribute to them.

Well done!

-Rob
07-29-2023, 08:02 PM
RE: New (free) 50th Anniversary Simulator - HP-35, HP-45, HP-80
(07-28-2023 07:18 PM)Rob W Wrote:  Hi Sarah,

I've been exploring your HP-1973 simulator and I'm blown away! ...
-Rob

Thank, Rob. Definitely a labour of love, and I'm glad people are finding it fun/useful/informational. The ROM map is one of my favourite bits, too.

Sarah

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)