HP34c radix change jumper
07-17-2023, 09:04 AM
HP34c radix change jumper
Dear all,

I would like to change the UK/USA radix type (comma for thousands and point for decimal) into European (Point for thousands and comma for decimal figures).I know this can be done by cutting a jumper in the board.
I enclose a picture of the board and inside the blue circle the supposed jumper I have to cut. Would you please confirm this is the one? I am not sure, as I see two holes beside this jumper and this caused me some doubts.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Ignacio

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2023, 10:09 AM
RE: HP34c radix change jumper
Ignacio,
That is correct. You cut that jumper to display a comma for the radix point, as is used in many European countries.

This subject came up recently in a forum post about Fixing a HP-34C.

In that thread, Andi (AndiGer) posted a link to the following older thread, where Katie discusses this and has a couple of photos of the jumper.
https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...read=20346

Here is the power supply photo that closest resembles yours.
[Image: Spice2.JPG]

Tony (Teenix) also posted a link to the E-Series Service Manual that discusses the jumper on page 3-7.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2023, 11:14 AM
that's great!!

thanks a lot for your prompt answer!!

Thanks and kind regards

Ignacio
07-31-2023, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2023 11:01 PM by agarza.)
To change the radix, some power boards have a jumper wire that need to be cut or added.

But on others, the flexible connector has the trace "punched out". So you need to patch that trace.

[Image: hp34c_punch.jpeg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)