How can I my HP 12C platinum is genuine?
07-04-2023, 03:40 PM
How can I my HP 12C platinum is genuine?
In advance, sorry for my clumsy English because I'm a Korean student and It's not my mothertounge.

Resently I bought new HP 12C Platinum Calculator for exam, and I feel something weird. Everything is well, working good also, but just one thing that I cannot find HEWLETT•PACKARD charactors(logo) left bottom of the keyboards. Is it fake or legit? I searched a lot on Internet but I can't find the answer. Please make sure that it is fake or legit one. Thank you for all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2023, 06:52 PM
RE: How can I my HP 12C platinum is genuine?
(07-04-2023 03:40 PM)Kurt_Cobain Wrote:  In advance, sorry for my clumsy English because I'm a Korean student and It's not my mothertounge.

Resently I bought new HP 12C Platinum Calculator for exam, and I feel something weird. Everything is well, working good also, but just one thing that I cannot find HEWLETT•PACKARD charactors(logo) left bottom of the keyboards. Is it fake or legit? I searched a lot on Internet but I can't find the answer. Please make sure that it is fake or legit one. Thank you for all.

Aren't you dead???

The new 12C Platinum models (and in fact ALL of the new models made in the last year) no longer have the HEWLETT•PACKARD logo on the faceplate. It almost certain your 12CP is genuine, as this is not a globally popular enough model for someone to make fake ones. The best way to be 100% sure is to post a photo of your 12CP here and members can confirm it is legitimate or not.

Welcome to the Forum!

--Bob Prosperi
07-05-2023, 01:07 PM
(07-04-2023 06:52 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-04-2023 03:40 PM)Kurt_Cobain Wrote:  In advance, sorry for my clumsy English because I'm a Korean student and It's not my mothertounge.

Aren't you dead???

The new 12C Platinum models (and in fact ALL of the new models made in the last year) no longer have the HEWLETT•PACKARD logo on the faceplate. It almost certain your 12CP is genuine, as this is not a globally popular enough model for someone to make fake ones. The best way to be 100% sure is to post a photo of your 12CP here and members can confirm it is legitimate or not.

Welcome to the Forum!

Bob,

It's amazing that while the 12C gave Kurt Cobain a new life, it failed to do the same for HP as a maker of calculators!!
07-05-2023, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2023 09:44 PM by johnb.)
(07-05-2023 01:07 PM)Namir Wrote:  Bob,

It's amazing that while the 12C gave Kurt Cobain a new life, it failed to do the same for HP as a maker of calculators!!

Maybe happiness can restore a person, while a corporation cannot be "happy"??

Hmmm....

If H=8 and P=16, J=10, O=15, and Y=25 (i.e. equal to their alphabetic ordinals), can I make an equation that says my joy increases exponentially with the number of HP calculators I own?

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
07-05-2023, 11:00 PM
(07-05-2023 01:07 PM)Namir Wrote:  Bob,

It only happens very rarely, but on those rare occasions, I wish the forum had a 'like' button.

This is just such a moment, and this will have to do: Heart

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)