HP Omnibook 430 / 530 System Rom Image
07-03-2023, 11:21 AM
HP Omnibook 430 / 530 System Rom Image
Hi guys,

I just became the owner of a beautiful Omnibook 530, which I was looking for several years. I bought it untested.

Fortunately - the hardware boots, but unfortunately the PCMCIA 131MB disk is damaged.

I have already purchased ATA flash drives, CF adapter and CF cards.

Does anyone of you have a system image for HP OB 430 or 530? Or at least Windows 3.1 drivers?

Kind regards, Manuel

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2023, 04:44 PM
RE: HP Omnibook 430 / 530 System Rom Image
Manuel,

Congratulations on your OB530. It's a great little machine.

Christopher Erickson used to host a web site that had a lot of files for the Omnibook series. http://www.data-plumber.com/.

I see that it's still there, but I couldn't get to the files section. Looks like it might be either corrupted or the link has been grabbed and redirected.

But the files can still be found on the Internet Wayback Machine. Just search for
http://www.data-plumber.com/

Not sure if all copies on the Wayback Machine included the Fires Links, but I selected Feb 12, 2006 and the files section is there and you can download them. You'll probably want to grab the

OB530-Win31-the-works.zip

I think this file includes all the special OB files you'll need to install WIN31.

This should get you going.

Bill WD9EQD
Smithville, NJ
07-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Thanks Bill!

All I have to do is wait for the flash drives and I'll work on that.

If everything works - I will reupload the files to Google Drive with open access, so that it will remain for the future for everyone.

Fun fact: The OB 800CT floppy drive works fine and boot with the OB 530, the only thing - you need an original cable for ob 425/430/530 FDD with specific HP connector -> LPT
07-05-2023, 03:43 AM
(07-03-2023 06:43 PM)permanuel Wrote:  Thanks Bill!

All I have to do is wait for the flash drives and I'll work on that.

If everything works - I will reupload the files to Google Drive with open access, so that it will remain for the future for everyone.

Fun fact: The OB 800CT floppy drive works fine and boot with the OB 530, the only thing - you need an original cable for ob 425/430/530 FDD with specific HP connector -> LPT

I think it’s best to submit these files to the internet archive as well, they have a section for old hardware. Best to have it in more than one places.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)