HP-35 red dot on sale in Germany
06-19-2023, 04:41 PM
HP-35 red dot on sale in Germany
It is not me, just found the offer ...

As not from every country the access is possible: seller asks 525 Euros.
Untested without battery.

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/h...0-168-1752

But be aware ... often there are scam offers ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2023, 04:46 PM
RE: HP-35 red dot on sale in Germany
(06-19-2023 04:41 PM)AndiGer Wrote:  It is not me, just found the offer ...

As not from every country the access is possible: seller asks 525 Euros.
Untested without battery.

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/h...0-168-1752

But be aware ... often there are scam offers ...

Same picture from an auction in the USA.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2023, 07:27 PM
Didn‘t find that auction … searched current and completed
06-20-2023, 12:16 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295755906708?autorefresh=true
06-20-2023, 02:17 AM
(06-20-2023 12:16 AM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/295755906708?autorefresh=true

This one sold for US $1,374.00, assuming it was a legitimate auction...

--Bob Prosperi
06-20-2023, 07:27 AM
It's gone. Wasn't me.
06-20-2023, 08:29 AM
I sent the link of the US auction to Kleinanzeigen, they reacted astonishingly fast.
06-20-2023, 09:32 AM
You saved him from going to jail for about 500 EUR, which would have been ridiculous.
06-20-2023, 10:37 AM
I have noticed that while ebay frowns upon buyers backing out of transactions, it is perfectly acceptable for a seller to do so. This could be one seller posting the auction to various sites with the intention of completing the transaction on the site which yields the highest price and dumping the rest.

-J
06-20-2023, 10:41 AM
... or he could be just another crook....

Holy Łukasiewicz Batman !

-J
06-20-2023, 10:52 AM
Hello!

First: This thread is not about an eBay auction, the item was listed on the German branch of "eBay classifieds" which has been sold on by eBay two years ago and is now completely unrelated to eBay. Even the name "eBay" has been deleted from the site.

(06-20-2023 10:37 AM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  I have noticed that while ebay frowns upon buyers backing out of transactions, it is perfectly acceptable for a seller to do so.

I cannot confim that statemenet. I have been buying and selling stuff on eBay for over 20 years (more than 5000 transactions) and had to back out of auctions both as a buyer and seller. This requires more or less the same number of mouse clicks and has no consequences whatsoever in both cases.

Regards
Max
06-20-2023, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2023 11:23 AM by John Garza (3665).)
(06-20-2023 10:52 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  I cannot confim that statemenet.

Maybe if you consider a poor rating inconsequential. Try buying a lot of stuff and then back out and don't send the money. See what happens.

You can't give a bad rating to a seller who cancels the transaction because there is no longer a transaction. At least that was the case a few years ago when I encountered it.

And 'ebay' came up as the same machine was posted on ebay for sale at the same time. Hence the concern over a possible scam.

-J
06-20-2023, 12:17 PM
(06-20-2023 11:21 AM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  
(06-20-2023 10:52 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  I cannot confim that statemenet.

Maybe if you consider a poor rating inconsequential. Try buying a lot of stuff and then back out and don't send the money. See what happens.

You can't give a bad rating to a seller who cancels the transaction because there is no longer a transaction. At least that was the case a few years ago when I encountered it.

And 'ebay' came up as the same machine was posted on ebay for sale at the same time. Hence the concern over a possible scam.

-J

Actually, you can.

a. Click on "Account" in the upper left, under "My eBay"
b. Click on "Feedback" under "Personal Info"
c. Select the item if it's visible; if not, click "See All' and then you can find the item.

This list of purchases includes all items you purchased, including any that were cancelled, etc.

But do note that in a dispute, eBay will often side with the seller if he/she is very successful (high feedback rating) even if they are doing something wrong. I had a seller dispute my negative feedback ("oh, sorry, I can't find the item, I must have listed it by mistake") despite very obvious proof he was wrong, and I fought it through eBay's challenge process, and in the end, lost and the bad feedback was removed. They simply would not provide an answer explaining why... It appears they preferred a very active seller's revenue over my paltry fees.

--Bob Prosperi
06-20-2023, 12:33 PM
(06-20-2023 12:17 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  But do note that in a dispute, eBay will often side with the seller if he/she is very successful (high feedback rating) even if they are doing something wrong. I had a seller dispute my negative feedback ("oh, sorry, I can't find the item, I must have listed it by mistake") despite very obvious proof he was wrong, and I fought it through eBay's challenge process, and in the end, lost and the bad feedback was removed. They simply would not provide an answer explaining why... It appears they preferred a very active seller's revenue over my paltry fees.

Thanks Bob,

Sounds very much like my experience. I won an Apple II in near mint condition for a great price. Seller cancelled after I won. He found the price was too low and proceeded to relist it with a higher minimum bid. From my standpoint, we had an agreement on a transaction. Ebay sided with the seller. But I feel sure I would have received bad feedback if I cancelled after winning this or any other auction by just saying the price was too high. So it seems very one-sided to me. After that I learned to stick to reputable sellers for anything of interest/value.

-J
06-20-2023, 03:11 PM
That's new ...

Same seller offers a Commodore SX-64 - and steals pictures and description from German wikipedia ...

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/c...4-228-3106
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_SX-64

And me 2 cents ... all his other high-priced offers are scam as well
06-21-2023, 05:03 AM
Also gone. Hopefully this bag-a-loot has been bagged.
06-21-2023, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2023 09:26 AM by Hiwi.)
At this time there are hundreds of fake offers on german kleinanzeigen.

I and a friend of mine made some further investigations:

They offer goods for collectors and high priced technical stuff (e.g. Hilleberg tents, graphic cards, music equipment, spare parts for cars & motorcycles, strollers) which are taken one by one from ebay listings that ended the day before.

I found many fake offers with HP calculators like HP-41, HP-67 and HP-97 and others in the last few weeks.

But you can identify them very easily, they use the same pictures, and a slithly modified text from ebay. I suppose the cheaters know nothing about the products.

If they have more offers listed look for the background, it is always different which is in most cases suspicious. You can download the pictures and examine the meta data, if available.
If you request more pictures they send you pictures which are taken from google search or other auctions.

The sellers uses a somewhat strange kind of conversation. A very unusual way of speaking,
and an excessive friendlines. May be ChatGBT sits on the other side ?

I always report such offers to kleinanzeigen and they are deleted within some hours.

I the past the sellers used often names with abbreviations like M.R. , I.K. etc. or foreign looking (foreign to HP Collectors) IRINA, LUDMILLA.

But they learn and the names become to 'Günter Schmidt' and 'Sebastian Meyer'... :-)

The Paypal Accounts are configured that you will not see the real name on the first page.
Only on the last step you can see something that the payment was sent to e.g. ruslanRomanov@oulook.com

At least when you receive the a paypal address like ruslanRomanov@oulook.com from a Günter Schmidt you should be suspicious :-)

Ralf

/41/48/
06-21-2023, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2023 10:17 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

(06-21-2023 09:21 AM)Hiwi Wrote:  At this time there are hundreds of fake offers on german kleinanzeigen.

There are two really simple ways to find out wether or not an offer is genuine:

a) ask the seller if it is possible to collect the item personally and
b) only use the safe payment system provided by "Kleinanzeigen".

If neither a) nor b) are accepted, stay away. I don't bother to report fake listings, there are far too many of them to deal with in my limited lifetime...

Regards
Max

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)