HHC2023 Announced
05-15-2023, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2023 11:45 PM by sjthomas.)
HHC2023 Announced
Hello All,

Today Richard Nelson announced HHC2023 on the Google Groups HHC-conf group:

********************************************************************************​*******
Hello HHCers,

It took a couple of rounds of negotiations, but we are go for HHC 2023 on October 7 & 8 (the first weekend of October). It seems that Orlando, because of its very large tourist activity, has some unusual financial requirements. The Committee went to work with the heavy lifting by Stephen Thomas, and we worked it all out. David Ramsey will have the website up and running with all the details.

The hotel is the Hyatt Place Orlando Airport. The details and the registration link will be on the website.

I am aware of several presentations being developed so all is go for a normal HHC Conference. Joseph Horn will be there and the odds are very very high for Wlodek to be attending as well. There are several side trips also being considered so you can make your vacation this year in Orlando.

More later.

X < > Y,
Richard

********************************************************************************​***

As the local coordinator, I would like to thank Richard, Bob P, Gene W and the other committee members for their input -- particularly to Bob who slogged around to several hotels with me (sometimes undercover!) and who did a lot of number crunching.

For HHC's particular needs, we concentrated on hotels near the Orlando airport. Over 15 hotels were investigated, and we believe the Hyatt Place was the best overall choice, and not just because it's initials are HP.

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle 24hr/day, which also may be used for transportation to destinations within a couple of miles - mostly restaurants, based on availability. The hotel features free WiFi in the guest and conference areas, and will provide free parking to conference attendees whether or not they are staying at the Hyatt Place. Complimentary hot breakfast is also provided, and there is 24hr food service. The conference room should provide us ample space. There are MANY restaurants in the hotel area, with several within walking distance.

Note that there is also a Hyatt Regency - Orlando Airport and a Hyatt House - Orlando Airport, so please be careful if you are making reservations outside of the dedicated link which will be posted at the HHUC website [hhuc.us]. The conference rate for single & double occupancy rooms is $149 + 12.5% taxes, which is under $168/nite. Triple & quadruple occupancy have rates of $174 & $199, respectively, + 12.5% tax.

Both Bob and I are working on possible "field trips" before and after the conference. Universal Studios is about 15 miles from the hotel, DisneyWorld is about 20 miles away, and the Kennedy Space Center is about 40 miles away.

If you have any questions about the locale, please let me know. I hope to see many old friends and to make some new ones too!

Stephen Thomas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2023, 01:54 AM
RE: HHC2023 Announced
Got my airplane tickets!!!

Namir
05-22-2023, 10:29 PM
What does it cost to attend a HHC?
05-22-2023, 11:05 PM
(05-22-2023 10:29 PM)MNH Wrote:  What does it cost to attend a HHC?

The last couple of years it has been about US$60, which included one or more meals. It will likely be somewhat more this year because of recent increased costs due mostly to inflation. The final cost may not be known until the Friday immediately before the conference. Further info may be posted on the website as we get closer to the conference. The website will be up and running in the very near future.

Stephen
07-28-2023, 01:50 PM
Just booked my room and registration. HHC2023 for me!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)