HP-15C instruction list and count
03-30-2023, 02:55 AM
HP-15C instruction list and count
In order to implement dmh's request that I add HP-15C instruction decode to my Voyager-LCD program (discussed in a separate thread), I needed a list of valid HP-15C instructions with their hexadecimal codes. Since a lot of them are very regular, it makes sense to have a program with a simple table generate the full list. I've written that, based on the instruction decoding that I did in 1982, and Allyn F. Tennant's "Synthetic Methods on the HP-15C, published in PPC Journal V10N1.

A file with the output of my program is attached. It's in Unicode with Linux/Unix line endings (line feed only), so old versions of Microsoft Notepad probably won't display it well, but newer Notepad on Windows 10 and 11 will, or Notepad++.

I haven't spent much time checking it. The program reports that there are 240 one-byte instructions and 460 two-byte instructions, for a total of 700. Has anyone else enumerated them?

Attached File(s)
.txt  15c_ops.txt (Size: 9.06 KB / Downloads: 44)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2023, 04:10 AM
RE: HP-15C instruction list and count
Hi, brouhaha,

(03-30-2023 02:55 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  The program reports that there are 240 one-byte instructions and 460 two-byte instructions, for a total of 700. Has anyone else enumerated them?

Yes, I did in Feb 2004, have a look at this thread of mine, look at Message #8, where I state there are 700 different instructions and other relevant info.

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2023, 08:29 AM
RE: HP-15C instruction list and count
Thanks!

And now I feel very dumb for not remembering that thread, given my multiple posts to it.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)