Repair of HP's in the US
02-06-2023, 02:18 PM
Repair of HP's in the US
Hello everyone!

Been a while since i post last.

Is there anyone that repairs HP's anymore? Especially in the US. I know a couple of the standard people have passed--O'Rourke and Sloyer (or at least Ii think have passed). I needed my 41 repaired a couple of years ago and it was too cost prohibitive to do it then to send to Spain (and may have to still) and am thinking it still is. I kept trying to send to Mr. O'Rourke but he was catching up on ones still in the queue and then told me his health was failing and he might not be around. Pretty sad to hear it, seemed like a very nice guy the few times i talked with him.

Thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2023, 09:40 PM
RE: Repair of HP's in the US
Seller jones.sebago.lake on "The Bay" does some repairs. For that matter, search for your HP model and the word repair to see what turns up.

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
02-06-2023, 10:30 PM
(02-06-2023 09:40 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Seller jones.sebago.lake on "The Bay" does some repairs. For that matter, search for your HP model and the word repair to see what turns up.

Yes I did search the model and didn't see anything. I have 41CV that needs post (i think) as the display only works if you flex it a little. Not for certain it's the posts.

I'm having trouble understanding your "The Bay" comment. Are you saying check eBay for the seller?
02-07-2023, 12:01 AM
FYI - Randy Sloyer did NOT pass away, but he has retired. He still stops by here from time to time with comments and suggestions for folks discussing repairs.

For 41 post damage, if you can't find someone for doing the repairs, https://www.thecalculatorstore.com/ offers a wide variety of repair parts and a great book for doing these post repairs yourself. Many users here have successfully performed these repairs and I've not heard any negative comments about the parts. As a last resort, they also can do the repair for you, obviously at a higher cost.

Good luck!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)