hp 10bii+ ... the end
02-03-2023, 07:39 PM
hp 10bii+ ... the end
I bought in 2021 a hp 10bii+ calculator made in the philippines. And I think it's an excellent calculator. Better than the hp 12C, and much better than its ancestor (hp 10bii)

Trigonometric Functions, Distribution Functions, more data Regression, depreciation12 digits , bonds,
a much faster calculator , "same functions" that hp 12C, cheaper.

but , discontinnued by hp.??

Calculators Today: hp 48G / hp 50G /hp 10BII+ / hp 17 BII / hp 12C / TI BAII plus / Casio fx 570 ES plus 2nd Edition

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2023, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2023 10:24 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: hp 10bii+ ... the end
Hello!

(02-03-2023 07:39 PM)avsebastian Wrote:  but , discontinnued by hp.??

HP has discontinued all calculators (so to say). They transferred their calculator business to the companies "Moavia" and "Royal". If I remember correctly, Moravia posted a statement about it on this very forum last year. They continue to manufacture and sell a range of calculators under the brand name "HP", among them the 10bII+ as can be seen on their website: https://hpcalcs.com/products/financial-calculators/

Regards
Max
02-03-2023, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2023 11:48 PM by avsebastian.)
are you sure?

in my country , the main distributor withdrew the calculator from its sales catalog, and there are a lot information about it in web, forum.

For example in Android, Royal licenses many calculator models, except the hp 10bii+ (there are other companies), not does it license the hp 17bii+ (this model is also scarce here in Chile). But the hp prime and the hp 12C do license them.

Calculators Today: hp 48G / hp 50G /hp 10BII+ / hp 17 BII / hp 12C / TI BAII plus / Casio fx 570 ES plus 2nd Edition

02-04-2023, 02:36 AM
The "HP" website (really Royal's) for the Americas (North, South, Central and Caribbean) is here:

https://hpofficesupply.com/product-categ...lculators/

The 10bII+ and 17bII+ are both available in general in the Americas, but not necessarily imported by all distributors/dealers in all markets. But they are available for purchase via the website, and of course Amazon, etc.

Yes, the 10bII+ is an excellent product, and rarely gets its well-justified respect. All the great stuff that got crammed into this inexpensive little calc. is due to Tim Wessman's cleverness and hard work. It only lacks RPN to be widely lauded by this community.

--Bob Prosperi
03-04-2023, 05:12 AM
it seems that the news is true:

hp 10bII+ pipgroup UK

03-04-2023, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2023 12:43 PM by Divasson.)
Here it is:

New HP10bII+ at The Calculator Store

In fact, all 4 financial calculators are new, with a battery cover screw added due to security requirements in some countries (I think Australia):

New HP12c
New HP17bII+
New HP12c Platinum

All are produced in the Philippines, not China. (The last batches were also produced in the Philippines). Quality seems better: the bezel looks like metal, not like the previous units that looked like plastic. Packaging is thinner and it comes with three multilingual foldable quick start guides. The quick start guides are really basic: on/off, batteries and a link to the manuals page. Nothing else - not even whether the unit is RPN or not.

Some pictures here (low quality yet)

Unboxing the new HP12c
03-04-2023, 01:23 PM
(03-04-2023 11:44 AM)Divasson Wrote:  Some pictures here (low quality yet)

Unboxing the new HP12c

@jose - Unfortunately, the link doesn't work, only going to the home page. Also, looking in the blog area (visible in the url) the unboxing video doesn't seem to be available. I'm sure many are interested in seeing this, so hopefully it's just a quick glitch to resolve.

--Bob Prosperi
03-04-2023, 02:02 PM
(03-04-2023 01:23 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  

Unboxing the new HP12c

@jose - Unfortunately, the link doesn't work, only going to the home page. Also, looking in the blog area (visible in the url) the unboxing video doesn't seem to be available. I'm sure many are interested in seeing this, so hopefully it's just a quick glitch to resolve.

I can access the page without issues.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2023, 02:45 PM
(03-04-2023 02:02 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I can access the page without issues.

Thanks Max. It's working now for me as well, must have been in the process of being pushed out. All good.

--Bob Prosperi
03-11-2023, 09:19 AM

Unboxing the new HP12c

The removal of the "HEWLETT-PACKARD" label on the front side of the new 12C is the most visible change.
Actually all new models introduced since 2000 or so (HP39G, 10BII, ...) didn't have this label any more, just "HP".

The HP-12C was the last exception, now all is in line :-)

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2023, 06:15 PM
HP split into two companies in 2014, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and HP Inc. The calculators went to HP Inc. My undertand8ng is that HP Inc. does not generally have the rights to the "Hewlett Packard" name, though its use on some products was grandfathered in. Perhaps that grandfather clause was time limited, or perhaps it did not include the right to sublicense.

I'm just a bystander, so take my opinion with a few kg of salt.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)