HP-15CE in 15.2C mode. Are there any disadvantage?
01-01-2024, 07:13 PM
HP-15CE in 15.2C mode. Are there any disadvantage?
My first post here, and also a new user of the the HP-15CE. I am just starting to play with my new toys and settled the 15.2C mode using the know easter eggs. But I am just curious to know if using this mode has some disadvantage (or in other way if it would be better to remain in the standard mode).

Alfredo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2024, 07:28 PM
RE: HP-15CE in 15.2C mode. Are there any disadvantage?
Welcome to the MoHPC Forum and Happy New Year.

The 15.2C mode has more program memory steps and can have more storage registers, but otherwise should behave the same as the official 15.1C mode. Since the latter is supported it's recommended for daily use, at least until you need more memory than 15.1C supplies.

Though no unique issues have been reported by the thousands of 15c CE users to date, and frankly none are expected, why use the unsupported (and more feasibly troublesome, even if unlikely) mode while learning and exploring the 15C, when the supported mode is effectively identical, at least until you need more program or storage memory?

--Bob Prosperi
01-01-2024, 08:16 PM
RE: HP-15CE in 15.2C mode. Are there any disadvantage?
(01-01-2024 07:28 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Though no unique issues have been reported by the thousands of 15c CE users to date, and frankly none are expected, why use the unsupported (and more feasibly troublesome, even if unlikely) mode while learning and exploring the 15C, when the supported mode is effectively identical, at least until you need more program or storage memory?

You are right ??.

Happy new year
Alfredo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)