HP-67C Simulator
12-02-2020, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2020 11:14 AM by teenix.)
HP-67C Simulator
Hi all,

The 67CX I posted unfortunately has multiple bugs and is going to take some time to fix. It turned out too complex to transform into PIC code with all those associated future bugs as well.

As such, I decided to replace it with another simulator for the HP-67 which is simpler but maybe more flexible and if I get time, will be easier to transform into PIC code.

The calculator operates as a standard HP-67 with the extras as listed below.

This one supports program modules that are containers for up to 12 HP-67 programs. These can be loaded into the calculator and the 12 white buttons 0 - 9, decimal point and R/S execute the function via the [h] [f] function keys and can also be called from within a running program.

For example, button [1] can have a module program that calculates the ceiling of a number. Keying in 5.1239 and pressing [h] [f] [1] will run the program and display 6.00.

Keyboard overlays can be designed so that when a module is loaded the matching overlay will be displayed on the calculator face.

. . . .

All operating code (except memory access) is still based on original HP code
999 program steps
100 memory locations
5 level subroutine stack
Keyboard map or (7 segment) alpha program display
Code editor
Module Editor
Up to 12 HP-67 module programs can be executed
Different modules can be loaded
Animated card reader with Park function
RAM memory viewer
Constant Memory

These simulators gave me something to do while away, but hopefully I will be going home soon now that Covid cases here are so low that the state border restrictions are finally lifting. Unfortunately that means I won't have as much time to fiddle with simulators.

http://teenix.org/HP67C.zip

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2020, 12:58 PM
RE: HP-67C Simulator
Great Tony!
Will this be loadable on your replacement CPU board? :-)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2020, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2020 02:16 PM by teenix.)
(12-02-2020 12:58 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Great Tony!
Will this be loadable on your replacement CPU board? :-)

I would like it to be compatible, but the original PIC does not have the ROM or RAM requirements. However, there is a replacement PIC with much more memory that would fit on the board without modification.

Without the module feature, the original chip might just be able to run with the expanded program and register memory as an additional option but I would have to check what code space would be needed.

The card reader would not function in this mode either as the cards cannot store that many program steps.

cheers

Tony
12-04-2020, 02:13 AM
My dream would be an option for a fast mode, something like the HP 41 CL upgrade.
I'm not sure I would use very long programs with the current speed of the HP 67. Smile

Jean-Charles
12-04-2020, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2020 10:21 AM by teenix.)
(12-04-2020 02:13 AM)Helix Wrote:  My dream would be an option for a fast mode, something like the HP 41 CL upgrade.
I'm not sure I would use very long programs with the current speed of the HP 67. Smile

The simulator runs a proper HP-67 core running HP Code and performs calculations as the real one does. The difference is the extra memory and modules.

The "67 processor" runs as fast as the host PC can process the information and so too will in the PIC if I get time. So, for example, in a loop calculating the SIN of a number 2000 times, the 67 emulator takes 275 secs vs 2 secs for the 67C simulator. Not blisteringly fast, but faster would mean sidestepping the HP code entirely.

The only time the code processor slows down to normal speed is for PAUSE and -x-.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)