Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-24-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
(01-23-2018 09:14 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello brickviking,

But the hp 50g has the power for such a project, source text as a string, defining meta sign for source code ... Input that string in "rpltngl" and we get a program for the calc, and if we input the string to "rplweave" we get the documentation for that program.

But I've the impression, that this kind of programming: "literate programming" isn't used much by professionals. Is this right?

It is always a matter of tradeoff. There are people da do amazing projects over years: see hpgcc, newrpl from claudio and all the things for the 41. Anyway hp calculator (and calculator in general) activities have to compete with other activities for the time spent because likely no one will pay enough for such projects.

For example I spend my little time on some little math problems and comments rather than writing a software to make comments easier. One has to start small and comments plus a little description for me are way enough.

Therefore while I would be amazed by a person doing what you propose, I also think very few have the time to do it.

For my experience in IT, I saw also very few programmers documenting commercial projects.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - pier4r - 01-24-2018 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)