Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-24-2018, 08:00 AM
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
(01-23-2018 09:14 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello brickviking,

Quote:original from brickviking

I suspect we'd never be able to run the tools on the metal though, we'd have to use a computer to do that. Perhaps the two utilities could be rpltngl and rplwv?

But the hp 50g has the power for such a project, source text as a string, defining meta sign for source code ... Input that string in "rpltngl" and we get a program for the calc, and if we input the string to "rplweave" we get the documentation for that program.
But yes, if the calculator could actually do a rplwv or rpltngl, that could open the door to calculator programs with included help, all from the one source file.

(01-23-2018 09:14 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  But I've the impression, that this kind of programming: "literate programming" isn't used much by professionals. Is this right?

I wouldn't know, I've never been "professional". I'm actually a caregiver for my wife, but computers, calculators and (currently) flight simulation are my current excursions into keeping myself engaged.

(Post 159)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - brickviking - 01-24-2018 08:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)