Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-21-2018, 02:22 PM
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
(01-21-2018 08:05 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I vaguely remember reading about this book, "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche," back in the early '80s. As I recall, it was tongue-in-cheek, which was just as well, because the gist of it was: if you're a man, you're not supposed to like anything that women like.

How dumb is that? And besides, quiche is great. Quiche Lorraine, especially, but other kinds, too. Dutch people should know this, even though they don't usually call it quiche, they say "hartige taart." Good stuff.

Real men don't care about what makes a real man a real man. Smile

Indeed, the book was (not really too subtly) poking fun at the "Real men don't ..." crowd, just as I believe that article was poking fun at those preferring Fortran and/or toggling console switches as the only viable solutions to all programming problems. That said, they are both rich with insightful humor and good examples.

However, the reference that "Real programmers can write FORTRAN in any language." was an all too real phenomenon, that sadly has not improved as much as the gender situation has.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - rprosperi - 01-21-2018 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)