Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-21-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
(01-20-2018 10:16 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Many, many years ago, a document called "Real Programmers" made it's rounds around ARPANET and other predecessors of the internet. I must have it somewhere but not on the computer I use right now. But I fondly remember one of it's basic dogmas because I kept repeating that to clients in the days I got paid for writing software:

Code:
Real prgrammers don't write documentation. The code is obvoius.

I hope it is sarcastic. I am not sure though.

We could consider whatever calculator as library of function (triggered manually). Aside from the most basic functions, that one can discover via some trial and error*, I wonder how can one figure out RPN, RPL or whatever slightly complicate and large library of functions without documentation or examples. (same for every other non trivial framework, be it assembly, fortran, pascal, java, c#, javascript, php, heck the OSes themselves)

Unless we develop a way to exchange information mind to mind (and even that there would be information exchange), to understand what the other did one needs some (proper) documentation. Even if the other is "ourselves from the past".

* But then again, we could use the function, say "power" because we got the information how the power function works from other sources.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - pier4r - 01-21-2018 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)