Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-20-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
I'm still new to RPL—and somewhat new to programming in general even after twenty five years, and sometimes what's obvious to most others (that may have been programming for a while) isn't obvious to me. One way for a new user to gain facility is to spend time each day basically gutting small routines, working out how they work. Heck, write it down on a piece of paper step-by-step if you have to, that's exactly how I had to debug one of my recent routines.

After six months of doing this, you should have a better idea of what functions do, and more importantly, how they can be glued together to provide more extended functionality, which is the real benefit. Keepng up with this for more than a couple of years should mean you'd get pretty good. Of course the AUR is pretty good at helping out in this regard, as it describes things at the statement level, and also has a small section describing how to use the language. The HLP49 library can also describe functions (not as detailed as the AUR) but often provides little source code snippets that perform useful functions that include what's being looked up.

That's why I like this forum and the files site, it's a valuable resource; far more detailed than one other Casio offering I've used. I'm not sure how it compares to other calculator sites like cemetech or tiplanet.

(Post 154)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - brickviking - 01-20-2018 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)