Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
01-20-2018, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2018 09:31 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but....
This http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9973.html is now (thanks Joe) a really good example of what would be great to see alongside the shared code.

At least for my perspective.

- examples? Check.
- code? Check.
- Comments? Check.
- step by step explanation or just an explanation? Check.
- description of the input? Check.

Of course I know that it takes time to add everything (I myself don't do it), but one can add a piece after another over time.

edit:
Quote:"Paranoia is the comforting delusion that somebody is thinking about you." -- seen on a bumper sticker

I am stealing this!

And yes I know that writing documentation is not that fun (but is crucial to reuse the code). Nonetheless one may also realize that posting cryptic code may hinder questions that instead would arise from a less cryptic exposition of the procedure. I would say that adding the code and then adding at least a description of the idea (not necessarily in comments, a block of text aside the code is enough) already raises the chances that one gets interested in the code.

Second observation: people get interested over time. Not everyone is on the same topic on the same moment.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharing is caring, thanks for your code, but.... - pier4r - 01-20-2018 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)