Exactly how do you update the DM42 Firmware?
12-28-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: Exactly how do you update the DM42 Firmware?
I was confused the first time I flashed my DM42. Like you, most of my confusion arose from trying to match up what a list of instructions said to do with what I was seeing on the screen in front of me. Different desktop OSes of different versions running different antivirus software have been causing confusion for many DM42 owners. I understand your frustration, but no one can anticipate every problem that can be caused by those factors. It can take a little patience.

Your approach right now is making it extremely difficult for others to help you. Please follow the suggestions of others in this thread and do just a couple of things to help others help you:

Create an account at https://forum.swissmicros.com where you can ask for help in the forums that were specifically set up for swiss micros calculators. All of your posts here are in a forum area called "Not quite....but related". Support for a swissmicros product is best found in the swissmicros forums. Michael and David shouldn't have to constantly monitor other non-swissmicros forums if they have taken the time to set up the swissmicros forums for this very purpose.

Collect your questions, concerns, issues and try to be clear and descriptive about what you see on the screen and how it differs from what you expect to see. Do this on a notepad or in the notepad app or use the 'save draft' feature of the forum software. Before you post, use "preview post" to look at what you are about to post. This way, you can verify that the things you want others to read are being presented in a readable way.

Trust me. There are plenty of helpful people in the https://forum.swissmicros.com forums. I have just checked for your account. You aren't there. Once you are, you can search for me and see how confused I was at first but how my questions were answered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exactly how do you update the DM42 Firmware? - revwillie - 12-28-2017 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)