My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips?
12-04-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips?
(12-04-2017 04:32 AM)Trond Wrote:  Thanks for the tip again. Brushes, q-tips and distilled water has been taking care of most of the dirt. Some of the keys are definitely better.

Next problem: the calculator feels a bit wobbly on straight hard surfaces. I think the rubber pad on the lower left side is a bit thin or something? Do you have any good fixes for this?

Take a look at the rubber feet, they should have a smooth surface. When they wear a more pitted surface appears, like some erasers. This usually starts around the edges. It takes quite some use before this happens though.

Lots of use can also cause some to become stretched longer and they reside inside a raised frame in the bottom case. When they stretch they may no longer fit inside this frame, making some crawl up on the frame edge and that can cause it to be become uneven and wobbly. At this stage they are usually quite worn like described above.

It can also be so simple that a foot is misplaced slightly, examine them and how they are positioned in their frames.

HÃ¥kan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My HP41CV just arrived. Cleaning tips? - hth - 12-04-2017 06:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)