Recommend Modules etc. for HP 41C
12-03-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Recommend Modules etc. for HP 41C
(12-03-2017 09:08 PM)hth Wrote:  I think Stat Pac and Math/Stat Pac are the same, just two popular modules packed into one. This is possible as (single) normal module page takes one 4K address page, and a port occupy 8K.

There are 4 physical ports in total at the top of the calculator. (These give 8 address pages).

You can also consider a Clonix/NoV module, then you do not really need to hunt for physical modules and can program them as you like. The Clonix holds 6 pages, and Clonix-D holds 12 pages modules (can be partitioned into two sets if you like). This also allows you to load all (not at the same time!) of the many recent modules that do not exist in physical module form.

Some module utilize bank switching and squeeze multiple pages into the same address, Advantage has 3 pages but occupy 2 address pages (a full port slot).

The card reader is very cool and highly portable. An HP-IL module and a PILBox is even more powerful, but not as portable as you need to bring a laptop too.

I like the new 67 Fun Games module, but the original Games module is not bad either. There are plenty of others I have not tried. A small warning about the Pinball games in the original Games module, avoid it! I wore out the keyboard on my first HP-41CV back in the days playing it too much... Luckily HP replaced it on warranty, even though that was a minor stretch, they could have declined it given that my calculator was just out of the warranty period.

HÃ¥kan

Thank you very much for all the info. I have no idea have the Clonix thing might work. Do I buy a module from them and the download the programs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Recommend Modules etc. for HP 41C - Trond - 12-03-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: Recommend Modules etc. for HP 41C - Trond - 12-03-2017 11:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)