Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
12-05-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
(12-05-2017 10:43 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  A reproducible sequence will be very helpful for Christoph and/or me.

[Added:]
Additional question: your screenshot shows a "no medium" errror when trying to copy from internal drive to ILper drive. Why do you suspect that the error comes from the internal drive? Did you try CAT ':m1' and get the error again?

J-F

I will try to come up with a reproducible sequence this week, as time allows, and report it here.

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear, after getting the Error message, the internal virtual drive replies with the same error when attempting a CAT, and the ILPer drives are still accessible with no error. Verified again today with EMU75.

However... when trying to verify the same using EMU71/DOS, I was shocked that upon startup, RAM had been cleared; none of the files remain. The device and virtual IL configuration is all intact, but it appears that whatever is going on is possibly corrupting RAM as well.

I will report more as I have time to check in close detail, but feel to suggest other tests if you think of something.

I strongly suspect the issue must (somehow) be related to the new virtual interface as I don't believe I've ever had a MEM LOST on EMU71/DOS in the past, and yesterday's testing was simply copying a few files to/from drives.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs - rprosperi - 12-05-2017 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)