Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
12-05-2017, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 10:59 AM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
(12-04-2017 10:53 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  A question (possibly for JFG, I'm not really sure who) and likely bug report:
Maybe me first ...

Quote:1. As my internal devices include the :DOSLINK device, and another is provided by ILPer, is the 2nd one addressed as ":DOSLINK(2)" on the 71B and simply ":I2" on the '75?
Yes. Or you can disable the Emu7x/DOS internal DOSLINK in the emu7x.ini file.

Quote:2. On EMU75, I am inconsistently having one of the internal mass storage devices come up with an "ERROR: no medium" error when trying to read from that drive (I'm trying to copy files, one-by-one, from an EMU75 internal drive to a new image in ILPer). Note this error oddly only seems to happen when accessing internal EMU75 virtual drives and not the ILPer drives. To get it working again, sometimes I must restart the EMU75 session, sometimes it will work again after accessing another drive, sometimes it will work again after just waiting a while.
I need to investigate. I see no obvious reason right now. It is strange that it happens for the internal devices.

Quote:Can you suggest some testing scenarios or sequence that will help to find a repeatable sequence that produces the error?
Well, I can suggest some tests:
Does it happen only with the latest ILPer 2.25, or also with the previous 2.2x?
If you don't access the ILPer devices at all in a session, can you still get the problem?
You could active the HPIL scope in ILper and capture the frames when the error happens.

A reproducible sequence will be very helpful for Christoph and/or me.

[Added:]
Additional question: your screenshot shows a "no medium" errror when trying to copy from internal drive to ILper drive. Why do you suspect that the error comes from the internal drive? Did you try CAT ':m1' and get the error again?

J-F
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs - J-F Garnier - 12-05-2017 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)