Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
12-04-2017, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 03:22 AM by rprosperi.)
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
Thanks Christoph for the new ILPer and the very interesting ILPilsim. At last, EMU71/DOS, EMU75/DOS and EMU41/DOS can use the ILPer client instead of just the built-in virtual devices. The built-in virtual drives clearly work fine, but they're a pain to manage - every time I want to change volumes, I need to quit, edit the .ini file, restart, etc.

I had immediate good results with both EMU71/DOS and EMU75/DOS, with no configuration issues. While I did take a couple of times reading through the ILPilsim documentation before starting, all the details are clearly explained and it worked first time.

Great job with some complex exploring, testing and documenting. This is a case of a few very small changes (by the user) has a very big effect. Great job!

A question (possibly for JFG, I'm not really sure who) and likely bug report:

1. As my internal devices include the :DOSLINK device, and another is provided by ILPer, is the 2nd one addressed as ":DOSLINK(2)" on the 71B and simply ":I2" on the '75?

2. On EMU75, I am inconsistently having one of the internal mass storage devices come up with an "ERROR: no medium" error when trying to read from that drive (I'm trying to copy files, one-by-one, from an EMU75 internal drive to a new image in ILPer). Note this error oddly only seems to happen when accessing internal EMU75 virtual drives and not the ILPer drives. To get it working again, sometimes I must restart the EMU75 session, sometimes it will work again after accessing another drive, sometimes it will work again after just waiting a while.

A screens shot is attached below.

I have used EMU75/DOS a lot, including lots of copying between drives and never saw this error, so I believe the issue is somehow related to the new interface; it seems that after access, something is possibly not continuing around the loop so the drive reports not ready.

Can you suggest some testing scenarios or sequence that will help to find a repeatable sequence that produces the error?

Update: The same problem also occurrs using EMU71/DOS, so it seems the problem is clearly related to the new ILPilsim interface.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs - rprosperi - 12-04-2017 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)