I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor.
11-19-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor.
(11-19-2017 02:52 PM)DrD Wrote:  Salvo,

This all reminds me of some of the old radio gear I had.
Now that was a ham shack full of equipment (in my garage at the time)! A lot of water has been passed under the bridge since then ... but talk about the '60-70's!
Dave,
me too: rtx everywhere, but I like the old ones Smile

Quote:Did you ever get into the RTTY side of ham radio? That was a lot of fun, and I sure learned a LOT about digital technology from just that piece of the hobby. I was in on the Baudot to ASCII converter project that w6ffc (and others), was so famous for. Remember the ST-6, with the UART speed shifter? I built one of those, with a few other hams that lived nearby. Eventually, acquired a model 33asr, and so on through the calculators and computers to this day.
yes, RTTY, ASCII and the "old" Packet (as also CW, a very very old analogically-digitally mode, hi, that most people enumerated among digi modes), then PSK31 seemed to me modern news, without UART and DB9 around... Me too, assembled some home-brew digital interfaces...

Quote:Looking backwards, we made quantum leaps in technology, in just a few decades, didn't we? Sometimes I wish I could look forward, to see what the grand children will be looking back on, technology-wise, before I croak.

-Dale-

yes, but grand children, here, don't like that old "decadent" stuff, they (maybe, not sure: the problem is "like they really HAM?") have new SDR with spectroscope, digital keyer... and also DMR and so on: too many things, so they haven't got passion for the hobby...

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd really like to see some imrovements to the in-calculator program editor. - salvomic - 11-19-2017 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)