Sharp EL-5100 Instruction Manual - PDF, full text searchable
10-17-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: Sharp EL-5100 Instruction Manual - PDF, full text searchable
(10-17-2017 03:22 AM)Dan Wrote:  Good job, did you have to cut it up to scan it? I have seen videos of people cut the spine from a text book with a power saw and feed the loose leaf into a scanner.
Absolutely not! I did have to crease the pages for scanning on a flatbed scanner but I could not bear to cut it apart if I couldn't re-assemble it intact.

In my spare time over the course of several weeks, I put a black sheet of paper behind each page before laying it across the scanning bed of a multi-function HP printer - the PSC 950. On top of that I placed a larger black cardboard piece and weighed it down. (Incidentally, the weight was an RS-232 break out box that happened to be sitting on the table with the MFP).

Each page was scanned at 600 dpi then aligned, cleaned a bit, and cropped with ThumbsPlus. The resulting 84 .png files were assembled into the final .pdf using ABBYYY PDF Transformer+.

Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-5100 Instruction Manual - PDF, full text searchable - striegel - 10-17-2017 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)