Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
03-29-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents
A question for eric, regarding the torrents shared here: https://www.hpcalc.org/torrents/

I downloaded them again but it seems that in the torrents the DHT and the peer exchange are deactivated. Only trackers are activated. (to see those options: right click on the entry in the torrent client, then properties or settings)

I cannot force to activate them unless I create a new torrent, making a duplicate with another hash.

Those two options are the core of a p2p distribution. Trackers are like a telephone book but if they go down or they are unreachable, peers won't find each other. And I notice this indeed because sometimes the trackers aren't reachable from my client. This leads to see "no activity" because the others cannot connect, even if they would like to.

Could the DHT and peer exchange be activated? At best even the "local peer discovery".

Normal torrents (the one I collect in this thread for example) have the options activated.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collection of HHC programming contests and other useful documents - pier4r - 03-29-2020 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)