Summing lists in directory structure
09-16-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: Summing lists in directory structure
(09-16-2017 06:30 AM)pier4r Wrote:  I use notepad++ , connectivity 4 hp48/50 (windows). And directly the calculator for resting

If I'm not near my computer, then I'll work directly on the calculator, though it's a bit slow. If I need faster text input, then I normally use Conn4x, plug the calculator in, fire up Xmodem, click "Connect", then go find my file, right-click on it, and "Edit as text". Bare bones basic, but it gets me by, especially when I point to gvim as the editor <grin>. However, there's no doubt the modern (ha!) crop of editors for HP have some more functions that make things easier.

I was aware of UEdit/UCalc which are sorta-payware with the free versions having some limitations. I'd tried WinHP, but that had the fatal bug that I couldn't insert "" characters. Just wouldn't let me do it whatsoever, even if I cut-and-pasted it into the editor window. Weird.

HPUserEdit might make things far easier for me, although I've yet to figure out how to connect to a real calculator with it. Shouldn't be hard, though now I've got to go translate the Portugese (or Spanish) help file. A doddle, right?

uhm no.

I know the author's website's no longer live, but I don't know where it shifted to.

(Post 84)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Summing lists in directory structure - brickviking - 09-16-2017 09:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)