Cost/Price/Markup/Margin; 12CP
08-21-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Cost/Price/Markup/Margin; 12CP
(08-21-2017 04:56 AM)Gamo Wrote:  Hello Zac

Thank You for your time to try this out. I try your program and don't know how to execute the value sine you didn't give example yet.

I was thinking is it better if program on HP 15C since it got 5 labels A, B, C, D and E that can be use like LBL A for Price, LBL B for Cost, LBL C for Margin and LBL D for Markup.

Gamo

Gamo,

Sorry I should have made it more clear: you store your known values in the registers mentioned e.g. cost= 140000 STO 1, Price= 200000 STO 2, then run the program. It will then store the markup/margin in registers 3 and 4 respectively, which you can RCL to see. E.g. RCL 4 = 30.00 (margin) RCL 3 = 42.86 (Markup)

I discovered a problem today in that it will convert markup to margin with no cost/price values entered (I.e. registers 1 and 2 = 0), but it loops endlessly if trying to convert from margin to markup with no cost/price values. It's easy to fix, but it will add more program steps, I think. You can work around it by storing any value in to registers 1 or 2. I think I will rework the entire program to eliminate any repeated steps and to allow it to calculate markup from margin with no other values.

I think you're right in that if you could put labels and have the program pause for inputs it would be much more useful. I don't have a 15C to be able to experiment. I think using the Solver on any of the models that have it would also be a very good solution. I haven't played with the solver much but I have a 17B and also a 35s, so it might be a good reason for me to have a look at those.

Thanks,

Zac
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Cost/Price/Markup/Margin; 12CP - Zac Bruce - 08-20-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Cost/Price/Markup/Margin; 12CP - Gamo - 08-21-2017, 04:56 AM
RE: Cost/Price/Markup/Margin; 12CP - Zac Bruce - 08-21-2017 05:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)