Simple challenge in RPL, Extract the odd elements from a list
08-16-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Simple challenge in RPL, Extract the odd elements from a list
(08-16-2017 07:45 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Grammar question from non-native side: why did you use "if I was to use" instead of "if I had to use" ?

Well, first: I am very appreciative that so many here (including yourself) go to the trouble to participate in this forum using a non-native language. It makes it somewhat ironic that I, as a native English speaker, screwed this one up as I did. If we're going to be more grammatically correct I should have said "if I were to use" instead. Smile But I wouldn't have said "had to use", as that is an idiom that would imply that I had no choice in the matter, which is distinctly different than saying "had used" which would simply mean that I had done it in the past. Language is fun, isn't it?

(08-16-2017 07:45 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Anyway thanks for the info! I nevertheless drop a little objection reusing what someone said in another topic (maybe an old one that I read while reading the general forum)...

...Said this, to emphasize that the objection was little: :hug:

I guess I'm not following what you're actually objecting to in my earlier post. Is there something wrong with my pointing out how LDST (and LRLL) could be used to achieve similar results? I was actually just trying to show the use of two commands that people might not have otherwise considered for this type of situation. Or is there something else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple challenge in RPL - compsystems - 08-16-2017, 12:54 PM
RE: Simple challenge in RPL, Extract the odd elements from a list - DavidM - 08-16-2017 08:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)