The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300
08-07-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300
(08-07-2017 11:05 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 12:03 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  QEMM was another pain, as Optimize usually ended up with awful and/or non-working configs.
I see. I always configured systems manually.

I'd like to try that, but haven't found a good command line argument reference for QEMM yet.

(08-07-2017 11:05 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  If you manage to make the DR-DOS 7.03 SYS.COM, IBMBIO.COM, IBMDOS.COM and COMMAND.COM files accessible from your MS-DOS system on the Omnibook (for example, by copying them to a C:\DRDOS\ directory on the CF drive on a PC), you could then try:

C:\DRDOS\SYS.COM C:\DRDOS C:

If DR-DOS is more lenient about what its utilities run under, then that might be doable. I know MS-DOS loves throwing "Incorrect MS-DOS Version", so you wouldn't be able to, for example, use DOS 6.22 SYS.COM or FORMAT.COM while running 6.20 in an attempt to upgrade.

(08-07-2017 11:05 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  PS: I'm somewhat reluctant to go into better details, as I'm not sure this is the right forum for this topic. Wouldn't it be better to move this thread into the "Not quite HP Calculators - but related" sub-forum?

Well, depends on your definition of "very old computers". Smile But if somebody thinks this is better suited in another section, feel free to move it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The continuing saga of Windows 3.1 in enhanced mode on OmniBook 300 - Dave Britten - 08-07-2017 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)