So that's why were having a Solar Eclipse on Aug 21st...
08-04-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: So that's why were having a Solar Eclipse on Aug 21st...
Very cool telescopes, an HP website anniversary, and good stories about upcoming trips to the see the eclipse. What more could anyone want? :-)

My wife are heading to eastern Idaho for the eclipse. Our first plan was to drive from central California to Madras, Oregon, (or Lebanon, Oregon, where a friend has second home) then continue the trip to Glacier/Waterton National Parks. However, that ended up requiring 4,000 miles of driving and more than two weeks to do it right. So, we changed plans.

Now we won't be able to take a telescope, but the trip fits our available time. Instead, we will fly to Salt Lake City, drive to Pocatello, Idaho, to stay with a friend from high school for a few days, then head to the Rexburg area for the eclipse. As soon as the traffic clears after the eclipse it's off to the national parks. This trip only requires 2,000 miles of driving and 11 days.

I have a solar filter that fits three of the lenses for my DSLR and my wife and I each have 10x25 Celestron EclipSmart solar binoculars.

This will be my first totol eclipse. I have seen several partials, as well as the 2012 annular eclipse from Whiskeytown Reservoir near Redding, California.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So that's why were having a Solar Eclipse on Aug 21st... - Fred Lusk - 08-04-2017 04:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)