Possible death of calculators in education?
05-17-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: Possible death of calculators in education?
^^ Someone give that man a cookie. Smile

I would take one of those out-of-the-box calculators, though there is still time and place for POCKET-SIZE calculators (ie. 35S is NOT one on that size range), that run smallish graphics capable (for ie. UI and other informatic reasons) display. There is ie. places where the phones are no-go (mainly for camera etc.) or places where you can get easier with calculator. Also if the device is done correctly, which is ultra-low power it will outlive the other "swissknife" mobile devices just because of it most often is fully in charge. Will the physical calculator die in education, propably yes, since the persons directing the education will want something "better" and modern ( while teaching 2400 years old Pythagoran Big Grin ) with even older number base system.

I hope the future is not like it is now in lectures held in computer labs when looking from back-row 50% of class is reading 4chan or other "educational" resource from the web and hiding behind the monitor if the subject is even slightly dry.

..That said if some new invention in calculators proves to be more efficient and competitive (the always on your pocket is not one) compared to physical GOOD calculator, I'm all in.

.... Were it education, yep I hope future generations could also have a good modern pockets calcs not educational tools as the educational tools deserve to die .. sooner the better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible death of calculators in education? - Vtile - 05-17-2017 08:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)