Programming puzzles: processing lists!
10-18-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 05:32 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(10-18-2017 12:51 PM)John Keith Wrote:  One great resource is One-minute Marvels which has a table of combined stack operations. I agree with David, though, that an exhaustive listing of code fragments is less useful than a good knowledge of RPL commands.

Another idea might be a collection of "rules of thumb". As an example, which I mentioned in another thread, stack operations that take a numeric argument (DUPN, ROLL, PICK, etc.) take about 7 times as long to execute as simple operations (SWAP, DUP, ROT, etc.).

John

One minute marvels are already included. The rules of thumb would be useful too, the problem is that are not that common. I insert yours anyway. If you know any source of them, please feel free to point them out.

Another idea would be make tests of them, but it is quite a task.

For code fragments vs knowledge. Once again: brain memory wins hands down. The fragments are useful if one is rusty/new and wants to get things done (at first, improving them later): pick the proper code snippet, use it, then think about it and improve it.

@DavidM: I did not perceive a critic, I just exposed why I think differently.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 10-18-2017 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)