Programming puzzles: processing lists!
08-17-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(08-16-2017 10:21 PM)pdo Wrote:  Now I am aware that I am probably the only person here who is familiar with Common Lisp, which makes the above of somewhat limited use :-), but maybe it will pique your (or someone else's) interest enough to consider learning the language. It is very productive for this kind of explorative programming! Don't be scared by the parenthesis!

First, thanks. Then a couple of observations about this.
Unless you use esoteric languages (see malebolge or brainfuck) I guess every language, even with a functional or declarative (prolog) paradigm could be read somehow. Well if we want to be honest it is possible to write some oneliners that looks unreadable in perl or awk as well.

Second, as you said, it can be an input to make other people interested, so I think it is always good to share rather than saying "Nah, (I think) no one uses this language so I keep it for myself". Especially in forums like this where people are normally interested rather than scared.

Third. Lisp (or Ocaml or haskell) are since long time in my todo list, the problem is that I am spread on too many languages already (at the moment RPL and variants, javascript, php, perl, bash, powershell, awk, applescript, basic variants) that I cannot add more without losing track of what I do. Or better I should add the hppl of the prime application.

Your code just confirmed that I should hurry up to reach a satisfying level (for me) in those languages and start with a functional one.

(08-17-2017 12:04 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  An interesting url for Tournament Scheduling!

The geometric model is literal! I was thinking something about geometric series. Nice link.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 08-17-2017 07:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)