Programming puzzles: processing lists!
08-15-2017, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2017 09:33 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(08-15-2017 08:29 PM)DavidM Wrote:  The nice part about this particular challenge is that there is no need for a mask; the mask is the actual input (and output, after modification). In other words, once you "step" the team list, you just format it appropriately and move on the next one. There's no need to "apply the mask" to some other list in this case.

yeah but while generating a valid match day from another is relatively easy (swap two teams) the point is: was that match day already generated? Thanks for the other data point though. I strongly believe my hash function is not so foolproof although it should now include two parameters to identify a pairing quite uniquely. Well, I will check.

Ok then I need to improve my method of construction, because my hash values continue to fail, it seems that I have to rely on a smart construction method to get the proper answer. Nice challenge (and it is still 10% of a larger problem). (note: nice - tricky but not overwhelming. Because otherwise I can find plenty of overwhelming challenges for my relatively low skill)
1-3 2-5 4-6 7-8
1-4 2-3 5-7 6-8

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 08-15-2017 09:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)