Programming puzzles: processing lists!
08-15-2017, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2017 07:42 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(08-15-2017 02:50 PM)DavidM Wrote:  My current test found 105 possible pairings:

This is what I hoped. Either someone does an implementation plus a proof of a solid hash function, or, well, we need attempts. I'll scan your 105 results, then I compare them to mine to see if I have to improve things.

I have to say that, aside from backtracking (that quickly get unpractical due to the complexity) the problem is really interesting, especially to find useful list/array routines.

my gawk implementation on the 1.73 ghz Dothan took over 80 minutes for 16 teams, so I killed it (I do not have the results). But if I miss something, it makes no sense, so I thank you for your results, I have something to compare to now.

PS: I think that better environments to attack the problem are, in the RPL/HP related world: sysrpl / newRPL / hppl (maybe rpl/2 if I got to know how to fix some compilation problems) plus a bit of optimizations.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 08-15-2017 07:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)