Programming puzzles: processing lists!
06-05-2017, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 06:35 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(06-05-2017 04:49 PM)DavidM Wrote:  I certainly don't mind posting interim versions (with whatever command documentation I have), but there's one wrinkle to be aware of:

As I add new commands, my inclination is to reorder the command positions alphabetically (with some strongly-related commands side-by-side instead). This allows commands to be more easily located when the library's soft menu is displayed. It also creates a potential problem: older programs stored on your calculator using that library's commands may now be referencing entirely different entries than those when the program was last saved.

If you are keeping your source files on your computer as text, this isn't an issue. You would simply need to transfer the files to the calculator again and save them after the new library is installed.

Since I always end up copying the last version of my source, I would not mind and when I don't copy new stuff, neither I have the need to change the library. Good tip about the library part though, I would have expected that the "call" would have searched the function based on the name, and the location would have been fixed at every new restart.

For the #17, I was thinking about using the SD card but it is also true that I should care about the computing time. In userRPL to generate millions of permutations it would take long time. Maybe in sysRPL not.

But remember that the challenges are not only for the 50g, in general those are for whatever calculator, even a fast DM42, prime, ti nspire and so on.

I'll see with newRPL now that I'm slowly setting it up.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 06-05-2017 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)