Programming puzzles: processing lists!
06-05-2017, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 12:54 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(06-04-2017 02:31 PM)DavidM Wrote:  It's still "in progress", and not quite ready for a GSL post.

Yesterday I took a look at how STREAM was implemented, and realized that it was utilizing an unusual method for biting off list elements one piece at a time for feeding to some process. Under the right conditions, this method can not only save loop time, but it also has benefits regarding memory fragmentation that can improve performance both immediately and later on.

I'm able to make use of this technique in several places in my code, so I've been going through the library and re-coding segments where appropriate. From the testing I've done, it's definitely worth the trouble.

Ok, at least you post it here, better than nothing.

Anyway added some challenge to the first post. Now there are 30.

The 30th looks particularly evil. I need to go through it for some statistics returned by a program of mine.

edit:
@DavidM. One thing I noted on hpcalc.org is that people put there great work (even if still in progress) but with little documentation. You have your list package in some post before and that is great, but you missed the documentation in the package. That is, the user should copy your post to procide a "txt" on the 50g to mention how the commands works because one does not always have a link to your post.

So my request/tip is. Could you put your nice documentation together in the zip package, so one knows that he has an help guide when needed. For the rest, kudos! I hope you will share your most updated version when you can.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 06-05-2017 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)