Programming puzzles: processing lists!
05-24-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(05-24-2017 03:51 PM)pier4r Wrote:  I'm still blocked with the challenge on the graph, due to debugging problems with list operations. Either I go with for loops, but it is super slow (I'll try later with the new rpl), or I substitute dolist and dosubs with routines easy to debug, using the stack, but it is super not motivating. The alternative is to try other languages (no sysrpl) like new rpl / basic / hpgcc.

Since I'm interested to solve the damn problem I'm using it to explore sqlite, so at the moment I'm solving it with sql only (of course not on the 50g, not yet at least, I'm using an embedded device that has half of the power of a Hp prime. Actually writing a sqlite like db on the prime is an idea) but still I fight with bugs. As soon as I'm finished I'll dive in new rpl vs user rpl using more list processing (I accumulated in the meanwhile like 10 other challenges to define).

I will confess that I've had no desire to approach that particular challenge, partially because it's probably been at least 20 years since I had to code any kind of graph-traversal routines. Also because it made my head spin every time I tried to reconcile the problem description with any kind of RPL approach. That said, I don't think I'd like to use SQL for it, either. I applaud your efforts and will be happy for you when you solve it. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - DavidM - 05-24-2017 06:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)