Programming puzzle: Longest list of regular numbers?
04-17-2017, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 02:13 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Programming puzzle: Longest list of regular numbers?
(04-17-2017 11:32 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Still wrestling with H(9733). I know the program will slow down as it runs. List garbage collection becomes more frequent as the look-back range widens, but it's coming up on the 8-minute mark, so either I've underestimated how much it slows down, or I've coded some clever infinite loop.

Cool. I got interested by the regular/humming numbers because after a while they need a platform to handle big numbers, and handling big numbers by itself is non trivial (surely they cannot fit the CPU registers after a while). So maybe you got slowed down also due to this problem. I do believe in general it could be used as benchmark, I may add it to the wiki4hp.

Besides, which algorithm are you applying? The one mentioned on wikipedia or some elaborated by you?

Edit: could you elaborate on extracting sublists. Is there no built in function?

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzle: Longest list of regular numbers? - pier4r - 04-17-2017 02:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)