Poll: Should I bother with this HP 34C?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
04-15-2017, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2017 07:59 PM by aurelio.)
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape
(04-14-2017 06:01 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Adam; A 34C? Just buy it at that price and don't look back. You'll regret it if you don't.

Maximilian; Everything you said is true, but it's still an HP RPN and it needs a home. The only doubt is was it fried but; see Paul's post.

Completely agree with both, but let me say also that the 30's are ones of the more beloved.
I don't understand the choice of the ribbon connecting solution, actually a Achilles heel for those machines, while I was surprised while opening my first model with the floating ICs.
They appeared for me, the first time here in italy more "serious" than the 20's series , maybe 'cause they seemed for me closer to the classical's shape, for size and colour... my "little" 25, compared to them, was a toy Smile
But now after about 40 years, the toy looks like just out from the factory (except for the smoke of my father Smile ), while you have just to look at the 30's overlays, to understand their age.

After these cosmetical thoughts let me say that the 34c was so unique for me (as Geoff reminds) for its solver.
Unfortunately I got my one, only quite recently and I like it so much, don't think too much to make it yours!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I bother? HP-34C in rough shape - aurelio - 04-15-2017 07:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)