Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
04-16-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
I 'm finding what you are observing to be true...if I'm not sure where to look for extremes, I'll choose table, and enter my function in choice 2, enter, and construct a table in the template that comes up. Then I go to num-solve and rewrite the equation (not a deal breaker, but would be nice to be able to copy and paste) as 0=d/dx(your equation)|x=x! and solve for x entering an appropriate guess. If you are going to check out multiple max/mins, after you get a solution, press enter, press x and store that x into a memory ( I usually use a,b,c,d for multiple points of interest). Go back to num-solve and enter your next guess for your next critical point and store that into a memory register. After finding the critical points, edit the equation in num-solve to read y instead of zero, place curser 1st spot on right of = and press delete. This gets rid of d/dx, and leaves the rest of the equation intact. Press enter to go into solve template. Solve for the multiple points one at a time by recalling the appropriate memory register into x= and solve for y.

Have fun. Other than the WP 34s, this is the only shirt pocket machine that I know of that can do so much! With it's 4 line screen, table, distributions, vector and matrix capabilities, it is a good pocket companion, and for some purposes, is my pocket choice over the 34s. For very high precision, RPN, incredible amount of on board functions, the 34s is head of the class.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual - lrdheat - 04-16-2014 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)