Little explorations with HP calculators (no Prime)
04-03-2017, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 09:46 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators
So, yesterday I was trying to find an approximation of the curve on my own. At the end, since I know how I constructed the triangle, I observed the following: http://i.imgur.com/X77UzuM.jpg

Then, since the solution to the quadratic formula was not so compact, I compared the result to the ones of DavidM, in the range 25-3825, and they are incredibly fitting!

I wonder how DavidM was able to get that formula. I tried to use the "fit formula" on the hp 50g but many options gave errors since the X was negative and the fit is done with logarithms. Anyway I suppose it was a power fit with the X moved in a positive domain. so -400 is actually 0 or so. I did the same for the comparison.

[Image: tsI5MeS.png]

for newcomers: for this I made the equations with EQW, saved them in a list, used "0 \->GROB" on the stack, moved the picture file on the pc, used "grob2bmp -b -l original_pic.hp output.bmp" on the command prompt (for grob2bmp see hpcalc.org ) . Then this list has to be stored in the variable 'EQ' to plot more than one equation at time.

[Image: 1TF9i9J.png]

[Image: 7iXG99w.png]

[Image: kBOb9g9.png]

The curves are almost the same. Neat!

So, implementing now if I don't get interrupted.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little explorations with the HP calculators - pier4r - 04-03-2017 07:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)