Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
03-02-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related?
Hello!

(03-02-2019 10:49 AM)franz.b Wrote:  ... cassettes and CDs ...

That reminds me of an actual non-math related application I had for my Ti-59 around the year 1980. I used to borrow records (the vinyl type) from a "discoteca", that was in Italy and didn't refer to a dance hall but the equivalent of a "biblioteca" but for records instead of books. I recorded the bits I liked on cassettes. Now the cassette players of the time had non-linear tape counters. There was no 1:1 relation between the playing time of the music and the counter. In order to quicklly find the pieces of music on different tape drives and on different cassettes (C30, C60, C90... they all would lead to different counter values) I had a program for my Ti. Used that quite a lot and I guess I still have the magnetic card somewhere. And even the cassettes (I used a typewriter to neatly write their contents on the sleeves - incredibly "nerdy" ...) are still somewhere. But no working tape drive to play them on.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you used your calculator for something that was not really math related? - Maximilian Hohmann - 03-02-2019 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)