110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
03-03-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk
(03-02-2014 08:32 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Hi Michael,

I'm surprised LIFUTIL runs on a P4. Surf over to this site and download cachchk5 and speed600. Cachchk5 contains a utility, cachectl, to enable/disable the L1 cache. Speed600 is an old benchmark that will allow you to quickly see the effect of running cachectl.

If you want to try a different format, which one works for you?

Dave

I managed to disable the cache(s); speedtest shows a decrease of performance, my laptop is now evaluated as a 2700 Mhz AT, instead of 3500 Mhz. :-)
The operation (non-functioning) of teledisk is not affected, unfortunately.
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Are you thinking about converting the 110PROGT disk into another format? Can you create IMD (imagedisk), ima (Winimage) and fdio format, for example? Maybe I can write to disk at least one of the three.
If I understood right you managed to create a (110PROGT) disk with teledisk. Direct conversion of the TD0 file probably won't help, but rereading the disk using one of the other disk imaging tools might work.
My testing with fdio looked quite promising, therefore I'd prefer a fdio image for the first attempt.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 110 Portable Plus software, Teledisk - Michael Fehlhammer - 03-03-2014 12:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)